I am very sorry to report that former treasurer of the Shropshire Section Ron Maund has passed away very suddenly aged 81. Ron was also the founder/organiser of The Winstanstow Classic Motorcycle Show, which he started and organised for many years. His funeral is at 12 noon at Holy Trinity Church, Winstanstow with interment in the churchyard. My Sincere condolences to the family.
Also Bill Duggan has passed away aged 90 his funeral is on Thursday the 9th of November at 1pm. The service is at Clungunford St Cuthbert’s Church followed by interment at Leinwardine cemetery afterwards. My Sincere condolences to the family.
We have gone back to afternoons for our club meetings for the winter. the speaker was David Magaroni who gave us a excellent and informative talk on oil. The talk ended with a number of the lads firing questions at him a big thank you to Dave who volunteered to do the talk. we had our usual number attending.
The last run of the season was organised by Godfrey Cookson and Cyril Watson, 14 took part in another excellent run another excellent run. Sadly I was unable to attend have not been to good for a couple of months. Many thanks to Godfrey and Cyril for organising the run once again.
If any off the other members would like to organise one please give me at least 2 months notice
Shropshire Sections Autumn Run, due to the Pound Inn been closed the run will start from the village hall which is opposite the Pound Inn. The start is at 10.30
The Royal Enfield 700cc Meteor for sale in Oswestry area the machine is in need of restoration it has not been used for many years. For any information please contact Derek Trow who will give you the vendors number.
LIST OF MOTORCYCLES & SPARES BEING SOLD BY MEMBER C&NW Section, VMCC
- BSA Cll G, 250 cc. 1954, 4 speed gearbox, maroon finish, V5. Guide price: £1,500
- BSA C12 250 cc, 1956, requires clutch re-build and installation to finish, No V5, Guide price: £1,000.
- Ariel Arrow, 1961, 250 cc version, machine is complete but not been used for 7 years. Will need new 6 v battery, Black/white colours, V5 ,Guide price: £2,000.
- Tiger Cub, 200 cc Roadster version, 1957 Registered but fitted with 1963 engine, V5, requires minimal re-commissioning, Red/black colours, Guide price £2,000.
- Tiger Cub, 1960 registered, machine 90%+ complete, lacks battery box cover and rear chainguard. Alloy rims, Black/red colours, NO V5, Guide price: £850.
- James Captain, 1958 registered, but now fitted with Villiers 197 cc 9E engine, not the original AMC engine, 4 speed gearbox. Machine will require re-commissioning and some work, but does come with Villiers 250 cc barrel and piston to convert to Villiers ‘32A’ engine, Silver/black colours, No V5, Guide price: £600.
- Excelsior ‘Special’, 1954 Registered, 197 cc Villiers 8E engine and 3 speed gearbox. Black finish, comes with decent tyres & rims, fitted with Japanese ‘upside down’ front forks, originally aimed at trials style bike, machine easily re-commissioned, No V5. Guide price: £500.
- BSA B40, 350 cc, 1967 (F Reg.), Green petrol tank, machine is complete, fairly easy to re-commission; possibly some interest shown of late, V5, Guide price £2,500.
- C. 1954 AJS/Matchless 350 cc single project, mostly complete but in pieces, No V5 available, Guide price £500.
- Early 50’s Triumph 6T engine, cast iron barrels and head, not complete, £100 o.no.
- 1935/6 BSA 500 cc side valve engine, £250, o.n.o.
- Honda 125 cc single engine, £?
- Honda 175 cc all black engine £?
- Three BSA petrol tanks A/B series models, for restoration, £?
- Pair BSA RGS type silencers, not pristine but could come up ok with some work £?
- Several pairs of 7/8 “ trials type handlebars
- Various pre-unit BSA, Triumph plus Norton gearboxes.
- Various dynamos, magnetos
- Selection of WW 2 Matchless 350 cc WD spares, incl. engines & gearboxes £?
Other items will be added to the list
This list was compiled with assistance from Graham Gotts,
Secretary, C&NW Section, VMCC, 04/09/2017.
GLG/VMCC Stuff/Bikes for sale
Sadly Dave Jobber passed away recently please do not try to contact his wife, a friend will be taking over the sale of the bikes and spares soon
Please note that Reggie’s Run listed in the VMCC Magazine for Sunday 17th September 2017 has been CANCELLED. (The VMCC Magazine omitted to include the cancellation notice in this month’s edition).
The Autumn Run is on Sunday 8th October 2017 10.30am start from The Pound Inn, Leebotwood, Nr. Church Stretton. (The VMCC Magazine omitted to include this event in the calendar of events).
The next Club Night is the AGM on Wednesday 27th September 2017 at 8pm.
October Club Night is David Magaroni on ‘Oil for Vintage Motorcycles’. Time to be confirmed.
PLEASE NOTE REGGIE’S RUN ON SUNDAY 17TH AUGUST HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Justin Harvey-James, the library’s tame Triumph expert, has developed a website to support all the work he has done in creating digital copies of factory materials. You can find it at www.triumph-tiger-90.com
If you could publicise it around your section I would be really grateful. If you think it would be of interest he is happy to give talks. He has a staggering knowledge ! It covers machines 1957 to 1968. There is loads of info on this site well worth a visit if you are a Triumph fan.
The Ceri Classic & Shropshire VMCC are running a trip to Wolverhampton Speedway on Monday the 4th of September Wolves V Swindon Swindon, second, Wolves 3rd in the league As usual there will be pickup points at Newtown, Kerry, Blue Bell, Harry Tuffins Churchstoke, Minsterley and Dobbies Shrewsbury. The cost to include travel entrance and a programme is £40.00. Anyone interested contact Derek Trow on 01686670626 Mobile 07904701022 This trip has been cancelled due to not enough bookings
The treasurer came up with the idea of a Motorcycle Theory Test which much to my suprise went down very well. I was very encouraged by the results most would have passed the test bearing in mind most would have had their test 50 or 60 years ago, the odd one ore two missed a couple of pages out. As usual the evening finished with sandwiches and chips kindly provided by mine host Adrian and staff. Hopefully we will be running a trip to the speedway later in the year watch this space